Apply here for the latest jobs in the field of engineering. IWAI Recruitment 2020 – Civil Engineers – Last Date To Apply @ 10-02-2020, invites engineering degree holders to apply for this job. In this article, you will get complete details regarding this job. Follow the article below for this job details.
The Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) came into existence on 27th October 1986 for development and regulation of inland waterways for shipping and navigation. The Authority primarily undertakes projects for development and maintenance of IWT infrastructure on national waterways through grant received from Ministry of Shipping. The head office of the Authority is at Noida. The Authority also has its regional offices at Patna, Kolkata, Guwahati and Kochi and sub-offices at Allahabad, Varanasi, Bhaglapur, Farakka, Hemnagar, Dibrugarh (Assam), Kollam, Bhubaneswar (Odisa) and Vijaywada (A.P.)
India has about 14,500 km of navigable waterways which comprise of rivers, canals, backwaters, creeks, etc. About 55 million tones of cargo is being moved annually by Inland Water Transport (IWT), a fuel – efficient and environment -friendly mode. Its operations are currently restricted to a few stretches in the Ganga-Bhagirathi-Hooghly rivers , the Brahmaputra, the Barak river, the rivers in Goa, the backwaters in Kerala, inland waters in Mumbai and the deltaic regions of the Godavari – Krishna rivers. Besides these organized operations by mechanized vessels, country boats of various capacities also operate in various rivers and canals. and substantial quantum of cargo and passengers are transported in this unorganized sector as well.
IWAI Recruitment 2020 – Civil Engineers
Name Of Post – Specialist (Hydro)
Required Educational Qualifications – Full time degree in civil engineering.
Desirable- Good knowledge of mechanisms of DGPS, Single Beam & Multibeam Echo Sounder, Hypack, Sweep, calculation of dredging volumes using Dredge Pack, Global Mapper,
calculation of Tide and Co-Tidal, Sounding Datum
- Checking of Hydrography Survey data (Surveyed line KM measurement, datum fixing, tide
reduction, dredging quantity calculations etc.).
- Checking of Survey Charts and digital data on Google Earth/Erdas Imagine.
- Checking of detailed field reports and results of Hydrography Surveys data.
- Analysis of Hydrography Surveys data.
- Digitalization of data pertaining to rivers/canals.
- Advising on viability assessment, economic analysis, technical configurations of projects.
- Assessing in preparation, evaluation & finalization of bid document.
- Any other work assigned by the Chairman or Member(Technical) or Hydrographic Chief of
- Any other work assigned by the Nodal Officer.
- Looking after RIS LAD and other Navigational issues.
Last Date To Apply: 10-02-2020
Salary- Rs. 85,000/- (Eighty Five Thousand only) per month.